Athens, TX Car Accident Lawyer Who Gets The Job Done Right
If you’ve been in a wreck, you gotta call Jeff
A car wreck can have a major impact on your life. You're hurt. You need medical treatment. Your injuries may leave you unable to work for some time. But medical expenses can add up fast. Attorney Jeff Weinstein started Weinstein Law to help people just like you - people hurt in accidents in Henderson County who deserve financial compensation for their crash.
Many people aren't sure if they need a car accident attorney after a wreck, especially if it was minor. But drivers who cause crashes often deny doing anything wrong. Insurance companies often try to keep payouts low, so they can keep their profits high. And your injuries may seem minor now, but could cause serious problems in the future.
That's why you need a lawyer looking out for your best interests. Jeff Weinstein has been practicing law for more than 30 years, more than 20 of them right here in Henderson County and throughout East Texas. He knows how injuries from a car wreck can affect people and their families. And he fights for his clients to help them recover compensation.
Click one of the links below to learn more about:
- Rear-End Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- T-Bone/Broadside Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- Who Pays For Car Accidents In Texas?
- Dealing With Car Insurance Companies
- Reading Your Texas Car Accident Report
- Fatal Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
What should you do after a car accident?
If you’re involved in a car accident, try to keep calm and breath so that you can focus on what to do next. After that, you should:
- Stay on scene and call 911 to report the accident. If anyone needs emergency medical attention, tell the dispatcher so that they can send an ambulance. You can administer first-aid if you’ve been trained to do so. Otherwise, wait for first responders to arrive.
- Get the name, address, phone number, license plate number, and insurance information of the other driver(s).
- Don’t talk about the crash or argue about fault with the other driver(s). Anything you say, such as “I’m sorry,” could be taken out of context as an admission of fault and later used against you.
- Get the name, address, and phone number of any eyewitnesses.
- Take photographs of the car accident scene. Include damage to every vehicle involved and any visible injuries.
- Get examined by a licensed medical professional within 24 hours of your crash. Even if you don’t have any symptoms or pain, your adrenaline could be covering up a serious injury. Be sure to follow your doctor’s orders for treatment and attend all follow-up appointments.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you got into a car accident. Stick to the facts and do not go into too much detail. If they ask you for a recorded statement, politely decline until you talk to a lawyer.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer and schedule a free case evaluation.
- If contacted by the other driver’s insurance company or an attorney representing someone else, kindly refer them to your lawyer.
Do I need to see a doctor, even if I feel OK after my car accident?
Even if you feel OK, it is a good idea to see a doctor after you’ve been in a car accident. Take your health seriously. Some injuries have delayed onset symptoms, such as a concussion or whiplash. This first doctor’s visit can be documented, which can help support your claim later on.
How much is my car accident claim worth?
Every car accident is unique. Generally, the amount of financial compensation you can obtain depends on the severity of your injuries, the treatment needed to recover from those injuries, time missed from work, other damages suffered, insurance policy limits, and other factors.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can evaluate the impact your car accident has had on your life and give you an idea how much your claim might be worth. Most personal injury lawyers offer a free case evaluation to go over the details of your case.
Do I need a lawyer for my car accident?
You aren’t required to have a lawyer, but it is a good idea. The insurance companies have lawyers and they know how the accident claims process works. That is a big advantage and they’ll use long-practiced tactics to try to limit compensation for your car accident.
It is important for you to know your rights. Having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side makes it much more likely that you will get the compensation you deserve after being injured in a car accident. Most offer a free case consultation and work on a contingency fee basis.
Experience that gets the results you deserve
Jeff can get right to work on your case. He starts by investigating your accident to get the facts. This often involves gathering evidence, reviewing accident reports and other documents, and interviewing witnesses. If needed, Jeff also consults with experts who can help explain how the accident happened.
This helps him build a strong case that the insurance company should take seriously. Many times, when they see Jeff is ready to fight for you, they agree to negotiate a settlement. But any resolution of your case has to be one that meets your needs. When insurance companies won't negotiate, Jeff is ready to fight for you in court.
Jeff is determined to help you recover compensation for the total amount of damages you have suffered. This usually includes compensation for all medical expenses related to your injury, now and in the future. It includes lost wages. And you may also be able to recover certain other damages, such as pain and suffering.
Straight talk, honest answers
Big law firms like to use case managers to deal with clients, who hardly ever speak to their lawyer in person. That's not the way we do things here. Our clients get Jeff's personal cell phone number and can call him directly anytime. We believe in personal service. Jeff will walk you through the legal process from start to finish.
If you've been hurt in a car wreck, it's important to call a lawyer as soon as you can. The law in Texas gives you two years from the date of your accident to take legal action. But we can build a stronger case the sooner we can get started. Over time, evidence can be lost and the memories of witnesses can fade.
Get honest answers from a straight-talking lawyer you can trust. Schedule your free consultation with a car accident attorney right now. Jeff is ready to work for you. Call 903-677-5333 or contact us online. Jeff can meet with you personally and go over your legal options. And if you can't come to our office, Jeff can travel to meet with you wherever is convenient.